In the midst of the Brentwood countryside, not far from West Horndon station, you’ll find a sizeable converted barn. In this barn you’ll find an extensive workshop: it’s the home of Read Veneers, and the extent of the machinery and operation often come as quite a surprise to those who visit.
Yes it’s the place where quality wood veneers are produced for a host of uses, from furniture for the home to interiors for hotel chains, the Guildhall School of Music and Drama and London’s O2. But it’s also a place where so much more happens.
So Much More than Veneer Cutting
Thanks to a vast range of veneer woodworking and finishing machinery, not only can Read Veneers cut and prepare wood veneers to any exacting specification; they can also offer jointing, lipping, edge banding and sanding which means veneered products, such as bespoke veneered fire doors, can be supplied complete and custom finished to specification.
CNC for CAD/CAM Production
One of the most called for pieces of machinery Read Veneers has is their Masterwood CNC. This allows them to work from CAD/CAM drawings and produce any wood product required precisely to order.
What’s in the Barn?
It’s quite a list: here’s the machinery Read Veneers have invested in so as to offer a comprehensive service:
- Savi Veneer Guillitone HFK 320 – cuts veneers up to 3.2 metres in length.
- Italpresse hydraulic hot press 10×4 and 10×5 – a high production woodworking hot press.
- KUPER veneer jointing machine 1150 – for jointing decorative wood veneers of 0.4mm to around 3mm.
- HOLZ HER edgebander – for attaching veneer edging to straight edges for use on, for example, cabinet facings and shelving.
- RF Edge Lipping Press – applies lippings to chipboard, blockboard, solid core and MDF panels.
- Masterwood CNC – allows us to work from customers’ own CAD/CAM drawings to produce veneers or finished wood products such as doors and panels.
- Kundig wide belt sander DUPLEX-1350 KS – copes with high demands on quality and finish, used for sanding cross-bonded pieces such as doors.
The message is clear: for all your wood and decorative wood veneers needs – including meeting your most specific requirements and production needs – Read Veneers has the machinery to meet them. Get in touch to arrange a visit to ‘the barn in Brentwood’. You can also find out more about what we offer on our services page.